9:00 am Eastern
USTDA is sponsoring the U.S.- Nigeria 5G and Next Generation Networks Virtual Workshop on April 26-27, 2022. This workshop will convene public and private sector leaders from the United States and Nigeria to identify the technologies and solutions that can accelerate Nigeria’s 5G and Next Generation Networks. Participants will hear about the latest trends and technologies for connectivity, spectrum management, 5G deployment and security, as well as best practices for ICT sector development.
Nigeria’s ICT sector is one of the fastest growing sectors of the Nigerian economy and the second largest ICT market in Africa. In December 2021, the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) conducted a spectrum auction to support the delivery of broadband services for the deployment of 5G networks. The Government of Nigeria aims to leverage the newly auctioned spectrum to develop a platform for new and emerging technologies such as IoT, artificial intelligence (AI), and big data. The rapid growth of the Nigerian 5G sector presents a compelling need for infrastructure development, as well as an opportunity for U.S. firms to provide their expertise and solutions.
Attendance at this event is limited to U.S. and Nigerian individuals, firms, or consultants as defined by USTDA’s Nationality Source and Origin Requirements available on USTDA’s website at www.ustda.gov.
Topics of Discussion Will Feature
- 5G and Next Generation Networks rollout and deployment
- Case studies on adopting 5G and Open RAN for public administration and services
- Financing 5G projects and deployments
- Deploying an open 5G ecosystem
Attend The Virtual Workshop To
- Form new business partnerships
- Learn about upcoming project opportunities in Nigeria
- Understand the landscape of the ICT sector in Nigeria
- Learn how to participate in Nigeria’s 5G rollout
- Showcase U.S. innovative technologies and solutions