11:00 am Eastern
On July 15, 2021, Prosper Africa hosted a virtual roundtable to highlight founders who are driving opportunities in Africa’s digital infrastructure sector. We connected U.S. investors with active investment deals featured in the U.S. Government’s new Prosper Africa Virtual Deal Room and also showcased U.S. Government tools that businesses and investors can use to identify and advance deal opportunities.
11:00 AM —Welcoming Remarks
- Leslie Marbury, Acting Chief Operating Officer for Prosper Africa
11:05 AM—Opening Keynote
- Brionne Dawson, Senior Advisor for Bureau of Economic and Business Affairs Department of State
11:10 AM—Private Sector Keynote
- Andile Ngcaba, Founder and Executive Chairman of Convergence Partners Investments
11:20 AM—Opportunities in Digital Infrastructure: A Roundtable with African-Based Tech Companies
- Martin Lossie, CEO of Surfline Ghana
- Andy Beard, CEO of Vanu, Inc.
- Geoffrey Oketayot, CEO of Ubuntu Towers
- Moderator: Toyin Awesu-Uhuegbu, Communications Advisor, Prosper Africa